Some users have started receiving emails containing their voucher to participate in the PlayStation Network Online ID change preview that will come with system software update 6.10 for the PlayStation 4.
However, the fine print is said to contain disturbing side effects. If your PlayStation Network Online ID changes, games on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita may not support the change. This means you risk losing access to content, including paid content, that you have acquired, such as in-game currency and downloadable content, as well as losing save data, leaderboard data, and progress. trophies. This information comes from Resetera user Azdoune. Although users can revert to the original Online ID (as long as it doesn’t violate the Terms of Service), you can only do so once during this preview period. User Araya Soren claimed to have changed his name a few hours ago, but kept his purchases and only lost rank progress in The Last of Us Remastered.
Although these warnings are not guaranteed, users should exercise caution. This is just a preview of the system and things may or may not change as extensively as expected when it launches in full in 2019. Renaming has been an often-requested feature for PlayStation Network for years and was only recently confirmed. be in the works of Sony. You can read the preview program details for PlayStation Network Online ID Change below.
Inline ID Change Overview
As part of System Software Preview 6.10, we are rolling out the next feature of the Change Online ID system. As a preview user, you will be able to change your online ID using the new system tools.
To use this feature, make sure you understand the implications of changing your Online ID and the software restrictions – described in the following sections – before installing the software. If in doubt, do not download and install the Preview Program software.
Important information before changing your online ID:
Not all games and applications for PS4™, PS3™, PS Vita and other PlayStation® systems support the online ID change feature. If you change your online ID:
• You may lose access to content (including paid content) that you have acquired for your games, including content such as add-ons and virtual currency.
• You may lose your progress in games, including saved game data, leaderboard data, and your progress towards trophies.
• Some parts of your games and apps may not work properly, both online and offline.
• Your previous online credentials may remain visible to you and other players in certain places.
Change online sign-in restrictions during preview:
Changes made during the preview will adhere to the following structure:
• The first change is free for all users.
• The second change will be charged €9.99 / £7.99 (PlayStation®Plus subscribers get a 50% discount).
• If your previous Online ID violates any of the current Terms of Service, you will not be able to revert to your previous Online ID.
• You can revert to your previous online ID once per account during the preview period.
• Sub-accounts cannot use the Change Online ID feature.
• After you change your Online ID, it may take a few hours for some services and applications to reflect the new ID.
If for any reason you experience problems after changing your Online ID, you can revert to your old ID at no cost. Nevertheless:
• you can only do this once during the preview period;
• reverting to your previous Online ID may not resolve all issues (you may not recover some or all of the lost content, progress, and functionality; and
• If you wish to revert, do so as soon as possible, as reverting to your previous Online ID may affect content, game progress, and functionality associated with your new Online ID.