Whether you use an iPhone, Mac, iPad, or something else, your Apple ID is the way to get new apps. And if you’re trying to buy an app or pay for a subscription, you need a payment method on your Apple ID. However, with new RBI rules regarding debit and credit cards, Apple has now stopped accepting card payments. This means that the only way to pay for apps and subscriptions is to add money to your Apple Wallet. If you’re wondering how to go about it, we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to add funds to the Apple ID Wallet.
Add Money to Apple ID Wallet on iPhone, iPad and Mac (2022)
You can add money to your Apple ID wallet using almost any Apple device you own. Whether it’s your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, adding funds to Apple ID is super easy. We’ll discuss the steps to do this individually, and you can use the table of contents below to find the steps for your device.
Add Funds to Apple ID on iPhone and iPad
If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, here’s how you can add money to your Apple ID wallet.
To note: Although I am showing the following steps on an iPhone, the same steps will also apply to iPad users.
- Open the App Store and tap your profile icon top right. Now press ‘Add money to account‘.
- You can now choose the amount you want to add to your wallet. Is choose a predefined amount or press “Other” to add a custom value. For this example, I’ll add ₹100 to my wallet by tapping “Other”. Once you have selected the amount (or entered the custom amount), press ‘Next’.
- Choose payment method you want to use to add money. Since cards are no longer accepted in India, I will use UPI to add funds. Double-click to confirm payment.
- Tap the UPI notification to open your UPI app and confirm payment by entering your UPI PIN.
- Return to the App Store and tap “Done”. Now in your account page, you will be able to see the updated amount as “Credit”. As you can see in the screenshot below, my account has been added ₹100 and the total amount available in my Apple ID wallet is ₹1014.
That’s it, you have successfully added funds to your Apple ID and you can use them to pay for subscriptions or buy apps from the App Store. This money can also be used to make in-app purchases.
Add Money to Apple ID Wallet on Mac
If you’re a Mac user and want to add funds to your Apple ID through your MacBook, you can do that just as easily. Just follow the steps below.
- Launch the App Store on your Mac and click on your profile icon at the bottom left.
- Now click on “Account Settings”. You may be prompted to log in again. In case you forgot it, you can easily reset your Apple ID password and then continue.
- Here, click on “Add Funds”.
- You can now choose a predefined amount or add the amount you want to add to your Apple ID…
Read the full story at: Beebom.