Tired of lowering your face mask to unlock an iPhone? The new solution to unlock iPhone while wearing a face mask was created to make these hassle easier.
Apart from that, there are other ways to unlock your Apple device including voice commands.
How to unlock iPhone while wearing a face mask
During this pandemic period, several difficult situations have arisen including unlocking the iPhone while wearing a face mask. Since Face ID does not work with a mask, you have to remove your face mask countless times.
Fortunately, a solution has been created to alleviate the problem.
According to Cnet, unlocking an iPhone can now be done without using Face ID, which means you don’t need to remove your mask. However, you must have an Apple Watch to activate this feature – which is available since iOS 14.5 and still present in iOS 15.
If you have iOS 14.5 or later on your iPhone and WatchOS 7.4 or later on Apple Watch, you can use the following steps to unlock your iPhone.
Keep in mind that the Apple Watch must be nearby when setting up the unlock feature.
- Head to the “Settings” option on your iPhone.
- On the “Settings” option, you need to press “Face ID and Passcode”. If the PIN code has been requested, you must enter the PIN code to go to the next step.
- Once you have entered the PIN, you need to scroll down until you find the “Unlock with Apple Watch” section.
- In the “Unlock with Apple Watch” section, you need to make sure that the Apple Watch is connected to the iPhone and the name of the Watch device is listed.
- If you have confirmed that the Apple Watch is already connected to the iPhone, you need to activate the “Unlock with Apple Watch” function by pressing the circle button next to the device name.
- Finally, go back to the “Settings” option.
To try if the feature works with a face mask, simply hold the iPhone as usual and place it in front of the face. By doing this, you will feel the haptic touch on the wrist that indicates that the iPhone is unlocked using the Apple Watch.
However, the haptic notification not only confirms that the iPhone is unlocked, but also contains a lock button in case the iPhone is unlocked by someone else. This is an Apple security feature that allows you to prevent someone from unlocking your iPhone.
Read also: ‘Doctor Who’ Season 13 Free Live Stream: Where To Watch The New Season If You Are Outside The UK
How to unlock iPhone via voice command?
In a previous report, a viral TikTok video explains that you can unlock your iPhone via voice command. These voice commands and gestures are not new to some Apple users. Fortunately, it works without the help of the Apple Watch.
- Head to the “Settings” option and then tap on the “Accessibility” option.
- From there, activate “Voice control” and then choose the “Customize commands” section.
- After choosing, create a new command and insert a command phrase to unlock the phone. The word “open” is an example.
- Once the command is configured, select “Action” then press “Perform a custom gesture”.
- In the indicated section, tap the spaces on the screen imitating the gesture when entering the PIN code.
- Finally, save the command and see if the created control works.
Associated article: How much did it cost Apple to build the iPhone 13? The OLED Pro Max display costs $ 105 on its own!